by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP
The picture above shows the first blossoms in this mornings infused water that will start our day at Inside Awareness for Healthy Lifestyles. For stronger liver support, increasing bile dandelion leaves will be added too! The qualities in the leaves are stronger than in the flowers. This includes bitterness. While the flowers are sweet the greens are bitter.
Working with clients drinking infused water with immune system builders is one way to protect ones own health to ensure ongoing wellness.
Why dandelion infused water?
- Gentle laxative
- Source of antioxidants
- Increases blood circulation
- Relieve’s pain, cramps & depression (headaches, backaches, menstrual cramps)
- Supports vision with a Compound called helenin that is helpful for night vision and Vitamin A and Vitamin B12 good the eyes
- Preventative for boils, skin infections, tuberculosis
- See Recipes
- Dandelion & Forsythia Blossom Jelly
- Edible Flowers and Weeds, Medicinal and Dye Plants
- Wellness Audits
Traditional uses and properties of herbs are for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Every attempt has been made for accuracy, but none is guaranteed. Any serious health concerns or if you are pregnant, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering herbs.