by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP – Living in Natures Love Lifestyles @insideawareness.com
The Root Chakra is associated with family roots, survival, motivation, groundedness, power, creativity, will-power, aliveness, courage, and feelings towards ones own physical body.
The Root Chakra encompasses the base of the spine, the pelvic floor & first three vertebrae
Read more on subtle Chakra Energy Centers
The guided patterns of Awareness through Movement® lessons can increase ones internal sense of support by increasing the capacity to feel supported. Our cultural educational patterns and environmental designs have unconsciously encouraged the loss of connection with the sensory awareness of feeling ones own physical support. In particular through the lower half of ones body. This loss of physical feeling of the lower body parts relate to direct action and would increase the brains stimulation in the areas which focuses upon survival.
Like diet these emotional grouping can be eased by Awareness through Movement® Lessons that focus upon increasing ones awareness and available movement and counter balance in ones upper and lower body. This includes toes, feet (top & bottom), ankles, lower legs, knees, upper legs and hip joints.
Try this example experience of 7 steps to get in touch with your somatic awareness capabilities:
- In standing position shift your weight from side to side, into one foot first and then over to the other. Repeat many times.
- Pause a moment and notice if you have become more aware of your feet.
- Now continue to shift your weight from side to side and bring your attention to your whole body movement. Are you tilting your whole body left and right and back again? if so, stop a moment and then begin again, only this time thrust your pelvis to the side instead of tilting your upper body. Notice the weight in your feet as you thrust your pelvis from side to side.
- Pause a moment and notice where your attention is going.
- Come back a couple of times thrusting your pelvis from side to side and notice what you sense in your back, hips, legs and feet.
- Now go back to your original movement of tilting from side to side. Notice the quality in each of the two different movements.
- Stop and notice your feet and legs to check in on any changes in your perception.
This is a small example of waking up to conscious awareness through movement that is available when you explore the Feldenkrais® Method of Somatic experiencing. In this example one can focus on the lower body movements the increase efficiency of counterbalancing the upper and lower moving body parts that will quiet the minds fear that arises from lack of mobility that creates a tittering effect in upright postures.
For more information on #yyj Feldenkrais® opportunities visit
Renee’s business webpages @ Inside Awareness
Renee has been sharing Feldenkrais® professionally since 2007 through personal session called Functional Integration® and in group workshops called Awareness through Movement® Lessons.
Connect to explore Feldenkrais in one of these ways or host your own retreat experience
Follow Chakra Lifestyle news on Twitter, Instagram Pinterest or Facebook
- Awareness through Movement for Chakra 6 & 7
- Awareness through Movement for 5th Chakra
- Awareness through Movement for 4th Chakra
- Awareness through Movement for 3rd Chakra
- Awareness through Movement for 2nd Chakra
- Books by Moshe Feldenkrais
- Awareness through Movement
- The Potent Self
- Body & Mature Behavior
- Moshe on Kindle
- Thinking & Doing
Copyright 2014 – 2019 Living in Nature’s Love by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000