Create gardens that invite bees, butterfly’s and other helpful insects. Learn to grow without harmful pesticides and fertilizers!
Build relationships with pollinators by:
- Using Beeswax candles and using it in your own soothing skin products!
- Create homes for Mason Bee’s or start your own Bee trays. Become an Urban Beekeeper!
- Put out dishes of water or hot and dry days!
- Plant flowers to attract bee’s
If you plant a Bee friendly garden, you will also attract other beautiful fliers such as humming birds and butterfly’s that will enhance your experience.
Natural Pest Control
- Learn what plants insects do not like to be around and companion plant.
- Introduce healthy insects that will clear out the unwanted ones.
- Create healthy plants that so they are not susceptible to insect attacks.
- Garden Bugs of British Columbia: Gardening to Attract, Repel and Control
By Janice Elmhirst, Ken Fry, Doug Macaulay
- Attracting Beneficial Bugs to Your Garden: A Natural Approach to Pest Control
By Jessica Walliser
- Gardening for Butterflies: How You Can Attract and Protect Beautiful, Beneficial Insects By The Xerces Society
- The Mix & Match Guide to Companion Planting: An Easy, Organic Way to Deter Pests, Prevent Disease, Improve Flavor, and Increase Yields in Your Vegetable Garden
By Josie Jeffery