Outside your front door
One of the best ways to connect with nature is right outside your front door. Your own community will have many nature treasures to explore and enjoy. Once your outdoors in your own area you will definitely become curious about other locations surrounding your community. Becoming curious and exploring in your own communities is cheap. It doesn’t cost a dime in most cases. The only cost is calories and who wouldn’t love to spend these?
7 ways to motivate yourself to get outside are:
1. Treat it as an adventure! Go out to find green spaces and each time expand your search.
2. Go out to look at landscaping and architecture.
3. Begin to notice specific elements in the environment that are appealing such as different animals, types of trees and pick out your favorite flowers.
4. Set up an instagram account if you have a camera and take pictures of interesting things to share on-line.
6. Explore and join communities in the nature area you enjoy such as birding, butterfly’s, hiking. Nature exploring can be fun in a group that has the same interests as you! It’s easy, google it in your area.
7. Explore a site that I have created with all the above points in mind and consider expanding your exploration to see if others things you have not tried before to find out more about yourself and your community! Visit Walk-Victoria.com
Here are a few things I have discovered around my community: